Thursday, June 22, 2017

Roses are red, violets are blue, here's all the things rose water does for you

     Roses tend to be associated with love and passion: a blooming of attraction. Well, roses aren't just about inflaming a heart with passion, they can also help decrease inflammation in someone's skin. Rosewater can brighten someone's appearance, help soothe sunburns, reduce dark under-eye bags and decrease acne among other benefits. 

    Here are some ways I've personally noticed a difference:

Brighten the day: 

    First of all, anytime you spray cool to cold liquid on your face, it's probably going to wake you up a bit. The added touch of a refreshing and clean scent like roses helps. In addition, we all know that when we're more awake, we tend to look better, or are at least alert enough to make sure we don't have anything stuck in our teeth. 

Calm the skin: 

    When one has ivory skin like I do, it's easy for blotchiness to make frequent appearances. It's not fair (haha, get it?), but it happens. I've found that my skin has remained mostly free of blotchiness when I use rosewater on a regular basis.  I've also found that the more ingredients something has, the more likely there's a chance my body will rebel against at least one of the ingredients. The nice thing about rosewater is that it's just that: rose and water. Nothing you'll have trouble even pronouncing. 

Clear the skin:

    Acne is not fun. I remember being called pizza face in high school (how original my tormentors were, I know). As I've gotten older and hopefully wiser, I've been able to tone it down. Namely, by using rosewater as my toner. I heard once that if you don't properly moisturize your skin, your body will think it needs more oil, which in turn means your skin becomes sticky and ready to attract dirt which will invariably cause more acne. 

     It's like reverse psychology, and none I'm too psyched about it! Rosewater gently moisturizes the skin, keeping oil production low and acne at bay. Keep in mind too, rosewater is also antibacterial. I spray rose water on my phone and wipe it down, because I'm confident there are plenty of germs that need to be weeded out of my phone's surface and ultimately off my skin. 
    

     One of the biggest changes I've noticed is that my skin needs less moisturizer. Even in the winter, my skin didn't get all that dry and I have to hand it to the rosewater for that. I've also noticed that if I spray it in my hair, it adds a subtle shine and softness to it. Plus, I smell like roses and what could be better than that? I guess if I smelled like chocolate, that'd be pretty cool too. 

     Next time you get a rose, cherish it in the moment, but also know that you can use these petals to prolong a love, not only for your significant other, but also for your skin! 

Here's a link below to brew your own mixture, enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment